Live Better With Natasha, brought to you by proud Mum, International Singer, Entrepreneur and Wellness Influencer Natasha Hamilton, is the podcast for anyone who is looking to expand the horizons of what wellness means to them, for those that are looking to heal, grow and feel on top of the world.
Through this show we will be exploring what mental, physical and spiritual wellness means and via honest, deep and meaningful conversations with leaders, experts and people with incredible stories to share, this show will help you to figure out how you can live a better life.
This show brings you the stories that need to be heard which will leave you feeling supported, happy, healthy and equip you with the knowledge and lessons to ensure you’re living your best life.
This week on the show Natasha invites you to enjoy a conversation with rugby player Rory Pitman. As a former pro player of thirteen years, Rory is now driven to make changes in sport with the stigma behind mental health. Having played at the highest level for the likes of Wasps, Ospreys, Glasgow and Scarlets Rory is a man who has transitioned from pro sport into much more than a tough guy in a hard shell. This is a very honest and emotive episode in which Rory transparently shares what it is like to be an elite performer who simultaneously reaches the heights of sporting excellence while struggling with mental health – in one of the most macho environments imaginable.
On this show you will hear:
- The effect of how Rory was lined up for fame and fortune as an athlete from an early age
- Dealing with being at the top from such a young age
- How Rory spent a number of years self-sabotaging his success
- The affect of his best friend’s suicide at 20 years old and how he dealt with grief
- What it was like for Rory to be playing at the highest levels but personally feeling so low
- How Rory is tackling the stigma of mental health in sport via his ‘Ahead Of The Game’ organisation
Check out the important work that Rory is doing via
Connect now via the Live Better With Natasha community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/livebetterwithnatasha/
Say hi on Insta