Live Better With Natasha, brought to you by proud Mum, International Singer, Entrepreneur and Wellness Influencer Natasha Hamilton, is the podcast for anyone who is looking to expand the horizons of what wellness means to them, for those that are looking to heal, grow and feel on top of the world.
Through this show we will be exploring what mental, physical and spiritual wellness means and via honest, deep and meaningful conversations with leaders, experts and people with incredible stories to share, this show will help you to figure out how you can live a better life.
This show brings you the stories that need to be heard which will leave you feeling supported, happy, healthy and equip you with the knowledge and lessons to ensure you’re living your best life.
In today’s show Natasha meets former professional footballer and two-time cancer survivor Joe Thompson. Joe is a former professional footballer.
Having been signed at the age of nine by Manchester United, he spent six years there before being released at age 16. He soon bounced back to forge a career in the Football League, playing for top flight clubs Tranmere Rovers, Rochdale and Bury.
Devastatingly at 23 Joe was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer, which he received treatment for and went into remission. Joe returned to football playing for Rochdale but cancer returned for a second time.
Shortly after, Joe retired from the game he loved stating: “With the intense treatment my body has had to endure over the last six years, it is no longer able to perform to the demands of the professional game.”
Joe has written a book called Darkness and Light: My Story, detailing his incredible story. GRAB A COPY HERE
On this show you will hear:
- Signing to Manchester United and what it taught Joe about standards
- How Joe dealt with being dropped from the Man Utd academy
- What it was like to deal with cancer in his early 20’s
- Mental health challenges within the family and the impact that’s had in Joe’s life
- Getting back to football as soon as possible after cancer
- How Joe processed finding out about cancer a second time
- The pressure of financial strains while being ill
- The power of setting goals to focus your mind
- Joe’s simple lessons for life
- Why growth is a constantly ongoing journey
- What happens when you put your standards on other people
Follow Joe on Insta https://www.iamjoethompson.com/thetwenty20leader41600852
Follow Joe’s work via https://www.iamjoethompson.com/thetwenty20leader41600852
Connect now via the Live Better With Natasha community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/livebetterwithnatasha/
Say hi on Insta